Heyyy you. Guess what? It's my birthday. I'm 17! I've been writing here for over two years. There have been some fun times indeed! But now, I'm moving on.
To where, you ask? To Tumblr, a new blog with new features. It's my birthday present to myself. I think two years is a good length of time for a blog. It covers the middle years in high school. Probably the ones forgotten but the most important ones. Of course I plan on making senior year really really fun, but sophomore and junior years were the developing and working years. Definitely two years I would never want to forget.
What have I not told you about? There must be a good number of things...
- Jonas Concert - Lots of fun! Mel surprised me with 7th row seats! We were really close to the stage and had a lot of fun dancing. I love the rush of concerts especially when I'm not taking pictures. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE photography, but I also really love to get lost in the moment of loud live music with the energy of the performers and the crowd singing along and the flashing neon lasers and DANCE.
- New Haircut - It's a bob. It suits me and makes me look older. Plus it's easy to control which is great because I have had very very few good hair days in high school.
- Walt Disney World - Magical. I did remember some stuff that I did and went when I was seven, but I love it more now. We went on a backstage tour and learned how everything worked! It was awesome! I took almost 1600 pictures. Granted, most of them were bad but that is a LOT of photographing. I'm putting them in a photo album. I can't wait to go back to that happy place for senior trip!
- My 17th Birthday - failed my driver's test. Long story that still kinda hurts me like a bruise, but I'll get stronger as soon as it heals. I went shopping at Target and played a bad video game so that helped me get less blue. I know I'll be better tomorrow.
Then how would you end an "I'm-no-longer-writing-on-here"entry?
- Grace <3
- Current Mood: indescribable
- Current Music:'Bigger Than Us' by Hannah Montana
And now I am going to Disney World tomorrow with Melanie, my mom and my two sisters.
It will be so awesome since I haven't been in nearly ten years. And it's DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!
And I can't write any more because I am just too excited!!!!!!!
I'll write later!
- Current Mood: anxious
- Current Music:'He Could Be The One' by Hannah Montana
Be honest no matter what!
[ZERO] Who was your last text from?
[ONE] Where was your default pic taken?
My Facebook one? In my bathroom, embarrassingly enough.
[TWO] Your relationship status?
Single. Nothing's changed.
[THREE] Where did you meet your crush?
Haven't met him yet.
[FOUR] Have you ever lost a close friend?
Yeah, but it was a gradual thing.
[FIVE] What is your current mood?
Kind of on the procrastinating side.
[SIX] What's your brother(s) names?
Luke and Stephen
[SEVEN] Sister's name?
Carola and Marian
[EIGHT] Where do you wish you were right now?
Here is good. I need to be here to do my work.
[NINE] Have a crazy side?
DO I? DO YOU THINK I DO? FISHPASTE
[TEN] Ever had a near death experience?
I almost drowned when I was two.
[ELEVEN] Something you do a lot?
[TWELVE] Angry at anyone?
[THIRTEEN] What's stopping you from going for the person you like?
The fact that I don't like anyone?
[FOURTEEN] When was the last time you cried really hard?
A week or so ago watching the Lion King in the Penthouse with a bunch of friends. Jordan and I were bawling.
[FIFTEEN] Is there anyone you would do anything for?
[SIXTEEN] What do you dream about most of the time while sleeping?
Something I experienced earlier that day or people I want to be with. In great detail.
[SEVENTEEN] Who was the last person you talked to for more than 10 mins on the phone?
[EIGHTEEN] What is your favorite song?
Umm right now it's 'Love is On It's Way' by Jonas Brothers
[NINETEEN] What are you doing right now?
Working on my animation.
[TWENTY] Do you trust anyone right now?
[TWENTY-ONE] Where did you get the shirt you are wearing?
[TWENTY-TWO] Have you hugged someone in the past week?
[TWENTY-FOUR] Describe your life in one word?
[TWENTY-FIVE] Who/What are you thinking of right now?
My animation/China Town/SADI girls/Jonas Concert tomorrow
[TWENTY SIX] What should you be doing right now?
[TWENTY-SEVEN] What are you listening to?
'Plenty' by Sarah McLachlan
[TWENTY-EIGHT] Who was the last person who gave you a hug?
[TWENTY-NINE] What are you waiting for?
[THIRTY] Do you act differently around the person you like?
I WOULD NOT KNOW
[THIRTY-ONE] What is your natural hair color?
[THIRTY-TWO] Who was the last person to make you laugh?
[THIRTY-THREE] Who was the last person to make you mad?
[THIRTY-FOUR] What pets do you have?
Cat and lizards
[THIRTY-FIVE] Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
Boringly straight but annoyingly flippy at the ends >:(
[THIRTY-SIX] Has anyone ever called you "scrumptious" before?
[THIRTY-SEVEN] NOW what are you listening to? '
The same song.
[THIRTY-EIGHT] Hugged the opposite sex in the past 3 days?
[THIRTY-NINE] Do you use smiley faces on the computer?
[FORTY] Plans for the weekend and who with ?
Well the student exhibition in which I showcase the work I've been cranking out for the past MONTH and also going home and leaving my SADI chickies so yeah. I have plans.
[FORTY-ONE] Are you happy with life right now?
[FORTY-THREE] What jewelry are you currently wearing?
My horseshoe Mickey Mouse necklace, class ring, family ring, white watch
[FORTY-FOUR] What are you doing Friday night ?
Having the goodbye dinner with everyone :(
[FORTY-FIVE] Have you ever had your heart broken?
[FORTY-SIX] Have you ever broken someone's heart?
I hope not!
[FORTY-SEVEN] Is there anybody you're really disappointed in?
[FORTY-EIGHT] Last person you saw?
I'm seeing the two Alexis', Jordan, Sa-de and Rich right now.
[FORTY-NINE] What date are you looking forward to that's coming up?
[FIFTY] How is your heart lately?
- Current Location:Animation studio
- Current Mood: working
- Current Music:'Possession' by Sarah McLachlan
I really REALLY want to photograph. I want models. SERIOUSLY. After my class I'm going to upload and edit photos. I'm in my major photography mood right now. I need to update my 52 Weeks.
I miss peoples.
I'm doing well in my classes. I'll be able to handle college.
I have to get back to work now.
- Current Mood: working
- Current Music:'Poison Ivy' by Jonas Brothers
Hey guys! So I'm in college! Summer college to be exact, at Moore College of Art & Design. Right now I'm in studio and we're telling stories about epic wins and fails. You may ask, why are you talking about epic wins and fails in the studio? As a matter of fact, why are you on the computer in the studio? When you're supposed to be working? The answer, my friend, is that my studio assistant is awesome. Her name is Sa-De and she just graduated from Moore. She majored in Illustration and she's currently working on designing her own video game, and thankfully she loves us. Don't get me wrong, I've finished all my work. I've done my cycle, my storyboard and my very tedious dot and leaf project.
So I really like this program. They keep saying that this curriculum is very true to the actual college program, and if that's the case I actually think I could handle it, though there would be almost no time to party or whatever. My roommate's name is Alexis and she's a pretty nice recent graduate of high school. She's one of the four girls in the animation class, including me. There are seven in fine arts and fourteen in fashion design. So yeah, it's a pretty small summer institute. But I've befriended a bunch of girls so it's awesome.
The food here is actually pretty good. Of course it will never be as good as my dad's cooking, but a lot of the girls are living large on the cafeteria food. My dorm is kinda cozy actually even though the floor is lineolium. We share a bathroom witgh our suitemates, so that's four girls in all. Bathroom time is not a tricky as I thought it would be, but it's not super easy.
Tommorrow we sketch naked people. It's gonna be awesome,
More on this later! Byes for now!
- Current Mood: awake
- Current Music:My friends and I talking about bad animation
1. World War III - Besides the horns (please tell me that sound is horns and not a guitar. Maybe it is a guitar) in the beginning, what really stuck out to me was the first line, 'I walked into the bedroom/You were visibly upset.' If this song were by any other band, I'd be like "Ok, what else is new?" but since it's the Jonas Brothers, talking about being in a bedroom at night with your girlfriend is a new thing. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it's kind of edgy and just something I wouldn't think they'd put into a song. Besides that, the song is a good mix of their old and new style. They've added in new instruments while still keeping a familiar feel. Nick yells the verses a little, which kind of sounds like it's straining his voice and makes me think they should have given those lines to Joe. I like the song overall, it's a good intro to the CD.
2. Paranoid - When I first heard this song I didn't like it. It sounded forgettable. However, the more I listen to it, the more I like. I'm actually amazed that Radio Disney felt the need to censor the line, "I'm taking all the doctor's meds." Edgier still. As the band continually reminds us that most of these songs are like diary entries, I can appreciate this song more, though I still dislike that it sounds like there's a lot of reiterating that they feel...well...paranoid. For some reason, this song reminds me of "Superstitious" by (Stevie Wonder?)
3. Fly With Me - Kind of like 'Paranoid', when I first heard this song I found it forgettable. Only now I really really like it. It sounds like their old style, though I do like their new style. When I found out they referenced Peter Pan, it made me love the song even more (If we chase the stars to lose our shadow/Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine). I love the piano banging in this song; it makes me think of Tinkerbell. Do they have a music video for this? If not, they should definitely make one.
4. Poison Ivy - I like the beat of this song, but the lyrics don't do it for me. The whole song is a metaphor, but I don't like the repeating lines of the chorus. It just sounds kind of...lame. I feel like they could have made this song better if they just wrote a different kind of chorus. Joe does the "YEEOOW!" thing that he did in 'BB Good,' which is strangely ok with me. Ech, still. Right now I have a love/hate relationship with this song. Love the beat and hate the words.
5. Hey Baby - I didn't think I would, but I really like this song. It's fun to sing along to and I like the beat. The guitar is especially nice. And that's all I have to say about that.
6. Before the Storm - Miley sounds good in this song which makes me wonder what she really sounded like. I'm not sure what the two had in mind when they wrote this song and I don't know if they're dating again or whatever now, but this song makes me think of two friends who thought they saw each other romantically but then there was a rather terrible breakup and they realized they weren't meant for each other. It'd be really sweet if Miley and Nick ended up being best friends. Not boyfriend and girlfriend, but just friends. That would be a happy ending.
7. What Did I Do To Your Heart - This is a cute song. It sounds like the singer is teasing his girlfriend when he sings "What did I do to your heart? Did I break it apart?" I also enjoy the clapping. Makes me happy.
8. Much Better - This is a great song! It sounds like 70's disco and makes me think of a roller rink. They said this song was for their fans, and I can see that, but I think in a way it can be for Kevin's fiance. Joe sings about how he'd done dating superstars and he's not bitter that Taylor Swift wrote a song about him. The future Mrs. Jonas is not a super star (at least not yet) and she's a grounded Jersey girl which makes her much better. Whoo hoo for grounded Jersey girls!
9. Black Keys - I really like this song. It's LV&TT's 'A Little Bit Longer'. I love that the message reminds me of sticking with traditional morals though they seem black and white compared to the craziness of modern hype. It makes me feel good knowing that there are other people out there who appreciate stuff I believe in.
10. Don't Charge Me For The Crime - I understand that the Jonas Brothers wanted to try out new styles, but please, rap is not for you. This song is just too weird and even though it has the message of doing the right thing, I don't like it at all. Please never again,
11. Turn Right - I think of this song as a lullaby. It's sweet and I love the line "Hope to see you at the finish line." It's like saying goodbye to someone who you've grown apart from and wishing them luck in life. I will probably end up singing this to my future kids at bedtime :)
12. Don't Speak - This is an interesting song. I hate how it begins however, with the "I thought I was cool" line. That seems pretty lame to me. But I really encourage you to listen to it. It's supposed to be a tribute to U2 and some other band. I hope they end up hearing it!
13. Keep It Real - This is a fun song to dance to! It's the only song from JONAS I like, besides their themesong. I think this song sounds the most like their old style. 'Tis fun and pop-y!
- Current Mood: cheerful
- Current Music:'In The Hands of God' by Newsboys
- Current Mood: enthralled
- Current Music:'That's What Girls Do' by some really old girl group
Melanie Kay is a 16 year old singer, actress, and future film maker. She has a fiery passion for all things entertainment and can never wait to dive into the excitement. "I know I can get there if I just set my mind to it," she says. "I know it's a long, difficult road but I believe anything is possible with positive thinking and the set goal of living your dreams."
Melanie hopes one day to be on the Disney Channel and perhaps get to open for some of her favorite stars like Demi Lovato and The Clique Girlz. "I just love being able to see these positive and talented people go out there and get things done and I want to be able to do it too."
Melanie currently trains with Sal Dupree, a renowned vocal coach who has trained Bianca Ryan (America's Got Talent winner), the Clique Girlz, PINK, and many other successful artists.
Follow Melanie on Twitter:
Stay tuned to her MySpace and YouTube! They're almost here!
- Current Mood: excited
- Current Music:'Hanging on a Moment' by Lifehouse
Speaking of art school...did I mention that I got into the Summer Art & Design Institute at Moore?? WELL I DID. It's gonna be pretty sweet. I'm in the process of filling out the housing and health forms now. In a couple of weeks I'll be going to summer college! And in one week I'll be done SCHOOL! Let's do some end of the year schedule review!
Homeroom: Well, it was a pretty normal year in homeroom. Took the HSPAs (junior testing) in there. That was a drag, but at least they're over now.
1st: English 3: Our longterm sub, Miss Spicer, actually got out class to talk! She was young enough to relate to us, and we lovingly teased her about her Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears love. Even though she couldn't teach worth a darn, and I do miss those "nice and relaxing Fridays" when we'd do nothing at all, she was all right, and I do think if she keeps working, she'll make it in the teaching world. Now Mrs. Rubin's back and is still as happy as ever (her baby is pretty cute, too), but our class has gone back to being the silent class. We're reading Macbeth now. Oh, and as for the 'You-Are-Beautiful' and David never looking me in the face - well, we switched seats and now I sit next to Joel, who will actually make eye contact with me and sometimes even says hello before the beautiful thing.
2nd: Algebra 2: Math got harder this year. I'll be lucky to get a 'B' on my report card. But it's all good because I became really good friends with Jess (aka Jelly) and we have some pretty sweet times before and after (and sometimes even during) class.
3rd: CAD: I actually did end up liking this class. While it can be hard and confusing sometimes with the measuring and dimensions, I do enjoy making the floor plans for a house. Especially when the layers are in different colors! Oh, but I have no idea what my grade is in that class. Hmm...
4th: Study Hall: Aside from Mr. Lloyd's bipolar-ness, it was a successful study hall year.
5th: Lunch: Lunchey. In the middle of the year, Debra and Allison decided they would go to the gym bathroom instead of to the cafeteria. They only come now to get food and then go back.
6th/9th: Chemistry/PE: Oh, Mr. Wil. How you fascinate me. Sometimes you can be funny even though you are insanely nerdy and other times I just want to leave the classroom because you can be so boring (and rarely you yell, which is kind of scary). Although recently with all the research packets and 100 pt. tests? Not cool, Mr. Wil. Not cool.
10th: Introduction to Behavioral Science: Mr. McDermott is my new old man lub. I lub him (although he can be a bit too much of a flaming Democrat sometimes). But we get to watch movies (Mean Girls and Finding Nemo, anyone?) and he gets to tell us about behavior and psychology. It's a win-win. Although I do have four essays for him due Wednesday.
11th: You & the Law: Good teacher, good subject, bad people in class (minus Olivia). How I want to punch Steve Frost in the face! And Jon Lopresti, he can just go die in a hole. But first he has to get a major tongue lashing from someone who's much smarter than him. I'll ask my four-year old sister to do it for me.
...Guess I better get started on those essays!
- Current Mood: content
- Current Music:'Dark Blue' by Jack's Mannequin